Labels

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sunwarrior Raw Vegan Protein Review

Well, I actually tried this about a week ago but I am just now getting around to the review. I honestly don't eat much raw/vegan products which may be why I had the reaction that I had so just giving a little heads up. I do love vegan desserts though :) yumm. 
I had this after my workout and I had very high hopes because the ingredients and stats were very good. This product contains 133cals, 1g fat, 8g carbs with 3g being from fiber, and 25g protein. Since the carbs weren't too high I paired it with an apple for my post-workout snack.
I put the contents into my shaker bottle and added water and shook it up. It didn't really mix too well but it did get super thick! This made my hopes even higher then they had been over the stats. That being said, my high hopes were crushed by the taste. I hated the taste of this it tasted like powder to me. It was grainy and the flavor was just weird. It didn't even really taste like vanilla to me, it was more like grass/graininess/a hint of vanilla. I have never tried any other raw vegan protein so I don't have anything similar to compare it to. I also don't know if this taste/texture is typical for a raw vegan protein. I don't know if it is just this product or maybe I just don't like raw vegan protein powders. What I do know is I most likely won't be buying this in the near future. 
I wanted to like it but I just didn't and I just wanted to write my honest opinion.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...