Labels

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Soothing Sage

Recently, I have been drinking a lot of sage tea. I find it to have a very calming and soothing effect, especially on stressful days. I usually drink it at night and it has been one of the things that has been great in helping to manage my anxiety and stress levels. Other then the fact that is is very soothing sage has a host of other health benefits such as: 
  • Helpful in fighting colds and infections
  • Calms nerves
  • May enhance memory
  • Aides digestion
  • Reduces spasms (great for cramps/pms)
  • Reduces excessive perspiration
  • Antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties
I usually like to make a blend of sage with other teas since the sage alone can be kind of bitter. My favorite blends are Sage & Chamomile for calming/relaxation and Sage & Green Tea which is really helpful for PMS.

Disclaimer: Posted above is something that works very well for me personally. Know that every persons body is different and what works for me may not work for you. Also, always consult your doctor before using different supplements/herbs that you have not used before. Sage tea should not be used by pregnant or nursing women! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...