Labels

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The lowly stocking leg

I own an unnatural amount of stockings and leggings. I love them in different patterns, materials, and colors. This happens to me a lot but I hate when one of my favorite pairs gets a run or a hole in them. I am sure that anyone out there who loves cute stockings and leggings feels my pain. I used to always throw them out whenever a pair was ruined until I decided to find a way to re-purpose them.
Now I have an unnatural amount of stockings...and stocking legs!! Whenever I have a pair of leggings that get a run I grab a pair of scissors and just hack the legs off. (Sounds pretty violent, huh?)
You can use your legs in the following ways:
Patterned/Textured Thin Scarf (can also be tied in a bow)
Headbands ( can also be tied in the back or without bow)

Fingerless Hand Gloves (cut a thumb hole, not pictured)

Thinner strips as fabric bracelets (not pictured)

The possibilities are endless, especially if have a hot glue gun/can sew.
Just be creative and you can customize them to your own personal style :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...