Labels

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Alternative: Tuna Salad

I tend to eat quite a bit of tuna. Mainly because it has a lot of protein, very little fat, and is super convenient. Sometimes I'll stick a can or two in my purse or car if I am on the go. This being said, I hate plain tuna. Makes me feel like I am eating dry cat food...unpleasant. 
Lately, I have been trying a few different mix ins for my tuna instead of using store bought mayo. A few good one's include:

Hummus (pictured above! Very yummy and adds way more flavor then mayo)
Olive Oil & Spices
Mixture of Greek Yogurt, Mustard, and a bit of Vinegar
Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges (would be a good alternative to a tuna melt if you heat it up and put it on some toast)
Homemade Mayo made with Olive Oil

Do you like tuna? What is your favorite tuna mix in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...