Labels

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Rock it out!!

 I must say that I am a big fan of the Foodspotting app. If you have a smartphone and are into finding really great local places to eat I would recommend this app. I came across a few photos for a place called Sushi Rock located in downtown Fort Lauderdale. The photos looked amazing!! Since I am a pretty visual person I knew I needed to try Sushi Rock.

I was finally able to make it there a few days ago with a group of friends. The restaurant has a very rocker type feel which I was expecting due to the name. It was on the smaller side and was lit with neon lights which added to the rock vibe. There were quite a few people eating there which was a good sign, especially since we arrived pretty close to closing time.

The service was surprisingly fast for the amount of customers that were there. This was also a major plus.They also name a lot of their sushi after music artists which is definitely more fun/interesting then just ordering a California roll.


Now to the main event....the food was seriously AMAZING. I don't go out to eat very often anymore so whenever I do I tend to be a bit picky. I ordered the Fabolous cucumber "rap". I loved the fact that they had sushi wrapped in cucumber instead of the usual sushi rice and nori. This allowed me to cut calories a bit so I had room for dessert!! I unfortunately did not get a chance to take a picture of the dessert. I was gone super fast! The dessert was so good I was really glad I decided to go ahead and have dessert that night.

I split the Fried Vanilla Ice with my sister who loved it just as much as I did. It was vanilla ice cream wrapped in pound cake and fried. Not so good for my hips but very good for my taste buds! I could seriously eat this dessert for the rest of my life! YUMM

I will definitely be going back to Sushi Rock and I also look forward to finding more great restaurants like this with my new favorite app.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...