Labels

Saturday, September 17, 2011

PPB: Protein Peanut Butter

I am like a kid when it comes to peanut butter sandwiches. I love them so much I have one almost daily. One day after my workout I was craving a peanut butter sandwich so I just made this. I fell in love with peanut butter all over again..This can be used as a spread, dip, or even candy! Yay...candy!!

Ingredients:
1tbsp natural peanut butter
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
almond milk
Directions:
Place protein powder and peanut butter in a bowl. Mix them together until it becomes crumbly. Add in almond milk. Just add in small amounts until you get the consistency you want. Use less if you are doing a spread or candy and more if you want it thinner for a dip.

I actually saw in a recent Oxygen Magazine that they used these same ingredients then froze it for peanut butter cups (except with chocolate protein powder although it tastes good with vanilla too.
For candy: Freeze this mixture in a container that allows the mix to be in a thin layer. Not too thin but don't it in a bowl or anything like that because the middle will take forever to freeze. I usually make the mix right before I workout and stick it in the freezer. By the time I am done it is ready to eat!

Stats: 250cals, 11g fat, 7g carbs, 29g protein, 3g sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...