Labels

Thursday, September 15, 2011

MMMmm....BROWNies :-P

No...this is not a brownie recipe but something better!! I decided to do a step by step makeup tutorial for a fairly simple brown look. I say simple cause I usually wear more then this but I like this look and I do it often because it is pretty without taking too much time to do. FYI: I hate video tutorials because I think my voice is weird and I get flustered and distracted easily so I may do one eventually but probably not anytime soon...also excuse the partial nudity but I just hate getting makeup on my clothes soo..oh well
 Yes my hair is in bantu knots...yes I realize they look ridiculous but anyhow first step is to prime your eyelids. I always use Urban Decay Primer Potion...I love that stuff. I also already filled in my brows using NYX brow cake powder.
 Use a brow brush to draw a line underneath your brows using concealer to kind of hide any stray hairs you may have going on...
it should look like this. And since we can walk around with lines under our eyebrows you are going to have to blend it so that it does not look harsh. I find that blending with my finger works best for this.
 The brows should look something like this.
 Now you want to use a non shimmery shadow that is the about the same color as your skintone. This helps to bridge the gap between your brows and eyeshadow that are placed on the lid. I usually use MAC's Saddle, Midtone Brown, Wedge, etc.
 Use a fluffy blending brush (MAC 217 is a great choice) and put this shadow slightly into and above the crease making sure to blend into the concealer placed underneath the brows.
 It should look something like this.
 Now we will be using a shimmery dark brown shadow. I used MAC Chocolate Brown Pigment
 Apply the shimmery brown all over the lid up to the bridge color making sure to blend between the two.
 ...like so :)
 Now use a dark red toned matte brown....I used MAC Embark.
 Now apply to the outer crease. You can use a thinner blending brush for this (such as MAC 222) or use a small brush then blend it out with a blending brush.
 It should look like this...notice that I extended the crease color past the outer corner of my eye...you don't have to do this but I like the way it looks.
 Now you want to use a sparkly black shadow...you could use matte if you like and are not big into sparkles and shimmer. I used Victoria's Secret Guilded Black
 Now use a small brush (a good choice is one that is dome shaped like MAC 219) to make a diagonal line at the outer corner of your eye. Depending on what shadow you use you might have to go over this line a few times to get it to show properly.
 Now go into the crease and make a small horizontal line in the crease, as pictured.
 It should look like a small sideways V shape on the outer corner of your eye.
 Now use a blending brush to blend. If you blend it out to much you may have to add in more black depending on the intensity you desire.
 Now for the liner...I like gel liner because it offers a bit more control then liquid but looks more precise then pencil...for me at least. Use any liner that you like best.
 Apply liner...you can wing it out if you want..I always do
 I then applied my foundation.
 I used a matte brown to contour my cheekbones..I used a contour bush for this...Fishy face is optional!!
 It should look like this...you can add more or less depending on how you like to contour.
 Now use a shimmery brown blush and apply to the apples of your cheeks. I used MAC Sweet as Cocoa.
 Now add highlight to the top of your cheekbones. You can use a shimmery or non shimmery highlight for this. I used MAC Northern Lights Mineralized Skinfinish.
 The cheeks should be looking like this. I don't really like going heavy on the cheeks but it is your face so that is totally up to you.
 Spray with Fix+ to take away that powdery look...this is optional but I hate for my makeup to look powdery haha.
 Apply false lashes...again this is an optional step but I always wear lashes cause I love them.
 This is how it is looking...almost donee!!
 I got hungry and made a smiley peanut butter sandwich
 Apply mascara and your favorite nude lipstick. I used MAC Touch. You can use gloss if you want.
 All done!!
 Remove balls from head..
TADA!!!!!



Remember when in doubt: BLEND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...