Labels

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Click Espresso Protein Drink Review


I am going to be honest. I never had much of an interest in this stuff at all. I have seen ads for it in Oxygen, FitnessRx, etc. but for some reason I just never took an interest.
That is a shame because this drink tastes AWESOME!!!! I had the mocha flavor and it tasted great and mixed very well. When I read the directions I thought it might taste kind of watered down since they suggested you add 12-14oz of water. Most protein supplements suggest about 8oz. This was the first thing I liked about it was that you get a pretty big drink without it being watered down. 
This I think would be a great alternative to my usual iced coffee w/ soymilk at Starbucks. For a Starbucks grande coffee with soymilk you get 120cals vs. Click Espresso with 1/2 cup almond milk 138cals which is only 18cals more plus you get 15g of protein and vitamins and minerals. Being able to have my morning coffee with protein is like killing two birds with one stone. I had this after my workout actually but I tend to like more protein in my postworkout shake. This would not be as much an issue if you used milk to make it but since I use almond milk it wasn't enough. I think for me personally this would be better suited as a preworkout paired with some fruit or something.
The only downside for me is that this product does contain sugar. Its not much (7g) but I am not a big fan of added sugar but at least its in the single digits. Also this was very filling even though it had less protein then I tend to go for in a postworkout. I actually really really like this product and will absolutely be buying it in the near future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...