Labels

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Angel Cakes

This cake is like my guardian angel. It has saved me on multiple occasions from scarfing down something I know I shouldn't. It's pretty quick/easy to make and good for cake cravings!! Some clean eaters may be against this since I used store bought angel food mix. I don't really worry about it too much since as far as cake mixes go angel food is usually the best option and I don't eat this often so I make an exception.

 Such a yucky picture for such an awesome cake
Ingredients:
1 serving Angel Food cake mix (this varies but the mix I used was 38grams a serving)
1 scoop protein powder (you can change the flavor of the cake by using different flavors)
3-4tbsp water

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and toss in the microwave (yes I'm obsessed with that thing!)
Cook time should be about a minute and a half but it depends on your microwave so I would check on it after a min. then kind of gauge from there.
Mine had mixed berry sauce on it...that sauce looks odd. I would say what it looks like but that may offend the squeamish. I basically pureed  frozen mixed berries with water, cinnamon, and stevia and simmered it on the stove and poured it on top. 

Stats: 230 calories, 1g fat, 35g carbs, 20g protein, 25g sugar
Yes, the sugar is high which is why I don't eat this often otherwise I would make it everyday! The stats may also seem high but this cake is very big!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...