Labels

Friday, September 30, 2011

Cheese Bomb Potatoes

Bursting with cheesy cheesiness....just the way I like!
Super simple and only 3 ingredients.
You can also add in veggies, turkey bacon, chicken, etc. to make it more interesting.
 Anyone that knows me knows I have a thing for cheese. It has a special place in my heart and I will never give it up EVER! Since I did not want to give it up I had to find ways to fit it into my meal plan when the cheese craving hits. Awhile back I stumbled upon a quesadilla recipe that used cottage cheese in the place of regular cheese. Once I found out it was possible to melt cottage cheese I must say I went a little bit crazy! Anyways, enough babble and on to the cheese, please!!


Ingredients:
1 potato
1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
1oz. Cabot 75% Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar (another great option if you love cheese)

Directions:
1. Poke holes in potato with a fork. Cook in the microwave on potato setting (or 3-4 min). Remove and set aside.
2. Put cottage cheese in a small bowl and microwave for about 1 min. or until it it almost fully melted. NOTE: There may be some liquid also in the bowl that comes from the cottage cheese, that's normal.
3. Cut the Cabot cheese in chunks and add to the bowl with the melted cottage cheese.
4. Cut the potato in half and scoop out the middle (like if you were making potato skins). Add the scooped out potato into the bowl with the cheeses and mash it all together.
5. Microwave for another 30 sec. or until all cheese is melted.
6. Return this mixture to the middle of each potato half.
7. Eat and do a happy cheese dance :)

Stats: 210 calories, 2.5g fat, 29.5g carbs, 18g protein, 3.5g sugar

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...