Labels

Monday, June 25, 2012

Local Eats...Local Treats

So, I have been trying to make a conscientious effort to live a bit more of an environmentally friendly lifestyle. Part of this effort includes trying to buy local foods more often. I have been trying to go to more farmers markets but was having a difficult time since many of the weekend markets in my area do not operate at this time of year. Luckily, I was able to find a really amazing local farm in the area through Groupon called The Urban Farmer. I was so excited! And with good reason. I don't know how but their veggies are soooo good! Every time I have gotten tomatoes they taste so sweet like candy and I can't stop eating them. I used to hate tomatoes! 
Another great think is that I have been able to find some really interesting veggies that I had never tried before. Some of the veggies I have tried from The Urban Farmer that were new to me included long beans, pattypan squash, kholrabi, and tongue of fire beans. Hopefully I will soon be able to share with you some of the things I come up with using the more interesting fruits and veggies that I find.
If anyone knows of other farms or places that local foods can be purchased in the South Florida area don't hesitate to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...