Labels

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Alternative: Pasta!


So....I like pasta. Way more then I probably should so I try not to really eat it too often because I can get a bit out of control. Whenever I crave pasta I usually turn to one of these alternatives. Unless I have been good that day, then I just go ahead and eat the pasta but sometimes I will have half a serving of pasta mixed in with one of these alternative choices.

Broccoli Slaw (pictured above)
Tofu Noodles (shirataki)
Zucchini or Yellow Squash sliced thin using a vegetable peeler (pictured below)
Spaghetti Squash (my favorite, yum!)
The great thing about these alternatives is you can sneak in some extra veggies. If you aren't a huge veggie fan I would suggest a mixture of whole wheat or brown rice spaghetti with baked spaghetti squash and of course delicious toppings, as always.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great alternative. I'm back on my eat clean journey and need these ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...