Labels

Monday, October 10, 2011

I scream...

...for 3 ingredient soft serve Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream!!! Actually, when I came across this recipe here I almost literally screamed. Not because I am obsessed with ice cream (which I am) but because I had JUST eaten the last banana in the house. Le sigh, anyhow I got more bananas and made it today and it was quite amazing. This can also be made with just banana for 1 ingredient ice cream.
A little melted but super delicious!
Ingredients:
1 frozen banana (cut into pieces before freezing)
1tbsp natural peanut butter 
1 scoop protein powder (optional)



Directions:
Place ingredients into blender and blend. Scrape down the sides occasionally to make sure the entire mixture is blended.

Stats: 295cals, 9g fat, 33g carbs, 22g protein, 17g sugar

Note: I followed the recipe found on bodyrock.tv but made a few tweaks. They called for 2tbsp of nut butter but I only used one to lower the calories a bit. I also added a splash of unsweetened almond milk while blending since the blender seemed to be having a hard time with the bananas. The recipe also called for vanilla which I didn't use since I was using vanilla protein powder.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...