Labels

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Naturade Total Soy Meal Replacement Reveiw

So I started trying a lot of the samples that I received from the Vitamin Shoppe a few days ago. The first product I tried was the Naturade Soy meal replacement.
As far as taste goes this product tastes good and is not too sweet or overpowering. The texture is a bit gritty on your tongue but mixes it  pretty easy. Since it mixed pretty easy I guess I wasn't really expecting it to be as gritty as it was. When I followed the directions which said to prepare it with water I was surprised that I actually felt pretty full. Unfortunately, that fullness only lasted about 1hour 45min!! Also, once that full feeling went away I was STARVING so I ended up eating my next meal way early. Another downside is that it is pretty high in sugar at about 16g. That ma not be high for some but for my personal preference I like to keep added sugar to somewhere in the single digits.
Since I had a few packets I tried this again in my post workout shake. This time I used the powder and blended it with cottage cheese and almond milk. This changed stats to 255cal, 5.5 fat, 25g carbs, 28g protein which was closer to what I would get with my usual post workout. This time it kept me full until my next meal (3 hours later). This does not work very well for me on its own as a meal replacement which is the intended purpose. When other things are added it doe do a decent job of keeping me full but I don't think this product is for me. This is because I am not really into meal replacements especially if they don't keep me full and I also don't want to have to add extra protein to my shakes to make them suitable as a post workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...